lundi 31 décembre 2007

Intro

Hello, and welcome to my blog !

It's my first blog so please bear with me.

This blog will be about the "client computer or desktop management". I have been working with computers since 1988 (from the days of CP/M 86 OS!), and especially with client management.

Now with virtualization technology hitting IT manager's doors and hurtled to the top of every "must-do list" CCON (client consolidation, thanks to Massimo Re Ferre, http://www.it20.info/misc/brokers.htm), application and storage virtualization are changing the way client environments are managed.

As a professional I work in France for the Rennes 2 University's IT department and currently in a project called "Client computers: What's next?".

So here I am with a little blog's corner and a chance to show you my lack of drafter skills ! ;-(
Also, this "intro" is in English but I'll be blogging in French. I'll try to have both English and French versions but "with a little help from my friends..", the students from the CFTTR (http://www.uhb.fr/langues/craie/cfttr/ff/cfttr.html).

In my personal life I enjoy riding my mountain bike with my son Robin as well as walking and life at the beach (although I live in Rennes, 37,2 miles from Saint-Malo!).

So, I'll try to share my choices and point of view about new technologies involved in the client management field with you.

I'll finish this intro with one statement (suggested by my lawyer ;-] ) :

"The opininions expressed on this blog are my own. They are not representative of my "company", Rennes 2 University, or the rest of my family or friends."
Sometimes I'm not politically correct , so if you disagree with something I say or think that something needs correction then please let me know."

Thank you and now let's blog !

Humberto

Aucun commentaire: